Saturday, March 29, 2008

one ladies trash, my treasure

Went bargain hunting at the hospice store with R5 and found three dresses with potential. It came to twenty rand, yay for friends

with money. One I particularly like is a blush pink knee length dress with a flap over neck line. Uh, its pictured below. It’s a little tight around the thighs, but hopefully by the end of the year ill be at my goal weight and my dress will hang nicely (she says, stuffing the last mouthful of a decadant chocolate brownie into her overfed mouth) the other is super cute, borderline old lady type dress but I love it. Blue and white stripes, I cut the sleeves off and shortened the hemline. still needs to be finished off though. As I cannot refuse a bargain, I snatched up a dress in the R2 box which I think belonged to an unhappy women facing obesity. very big, but i like the multi-coloured stripes. A belt and some altering will bring it back from the 90’s. almost done with my pencil skirt for college, must decide on an image/design for apllique. Love the designs featured in the latest Gucci adverts, coral appliqué, and adorable at that. Im toying with the idea of a stick like figurine in felt. But will post pics as I go.

Saw a girl wearing the most awesome skirt downtown tonight. A woolen high waisted cocoon type. Very cute. Phew. Bed time. *__*

No comments: